Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fearing the Unknown

Let me start off by saying that I never knew the impact of the words that I place on this platform, I never once thought what impact it would have on someone's life. The reason why I write is because it is therapeutic in most cases, whether it be stress, love, drama, anger, or just needing to release some energy. The background of this note is a conversation from one man to another. Just remember whatever I write I don't have a HEAVEN nor a HELL to put you in, therefore I pass no JUDGMENT only sharing my thoughts and exercising my FREEDOM OF SPEECH & EXPRESSION.

As we sit and talk, ideas begin to post to the forefront, he is sharing his thoughts and I was anxious to share mines. Although in most cases he always look at me as the type of person who may come off as confrontational or just shared things that he never thought about or understood. I often drift into another world with my perception of people's lives and choices because there is always a choice in life. He was the type growing up that never had a father figure in his life to teach and guide him as an adolescent to become a man. Yet he stepped up as an adult and fought a good fight with life raising his own child. When I say raising his own child I don't mean passing out donations to the baby mama every now and then and picking the child up and play for a couple of hours. NO, this man stepped up and let this woman know he is gonna accept her faults and raise this child with her. I commend him for that.

Well, so often when people are not taught something that they didn't know, realize, or understood, they have a choice to either research, listen to random countless conversations, or just ignore it and shut down. My very reason to embrace the aspect of teaching is to educate the minds of a group of people who are lost, not because they don't know but because they don't want or care to learn. Sometimes when great speakers speak, it don't really matter what they are talking about people who love to learn new things just get caught in the web of knowledge. I had no intention to turn a conversation (simple conversation) into a heated discussion or argument but I just wanted to know whether or not he accepted my way of thinking. Just because something didn't make sense to him he truly shut down and called me out for not knowing how to explain something in lament's terms. Yet, I sit and verbalize that I was never given an opportunity, but if you don't understand something that I say, just simply say "I don't follow you, or I don't quite understand where you are coming from?"

Finally, after the agreement that we disagree on points and outlooks, he labels me with this, "Sometimes when people are so HEADSTRONG they tend to think they know it all and that prevents them from success." Helleva statement, I considered myself educated not just because I graduated from high school and undergraduate school but because I'm willing to learn anything that you place in front of me. Now does this mean I know everything, NO, but I have knowledge that I made CHOICE in gaining. The whole "I don't care or whatever" attitude is getting old and played out to me especially with grown folks. He said that I can't force people to think like me, I don't want to do that, I just encourage learning, is that too much to ask for?

FEARING THE UNKNOWN,

So often we as a people have to the GOD given talents to perform any tasks we put our minds to, our conversation was about Arabic people at the beginning of civilization building a wall to the sky to talk to GOD, GOD recognized it and confused their language, since they couldn't understand each other they stopped building and working, I simply said, people still do that today, just because we can't understand each other does not mean we can't co-exist. I might have to break it down for some but not for everybody, somebody caught that.

Moral of the story: Don't get DEFENSIVE, when someone wants to share their views with you and its difficult for you to understand, just remain PATIENT, and open your EYES and EARS to new possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment